Monday, February 14, 2011

A Visit to Dan's Office...

Content Contributed by Dan Mangus:

We are in a changing industry. When I started working with insurance products twenty eight years ago one hundred percent of my sales were made in my clients home. Although I still see a few of my clients in their home the vast majority are seen in my office. This offers many benefits to both my clients and myself. Some of the benefits are:

-Professional setting
-Access to files
-Access to supplies
-Internet Access
-Opportunity to meet my staff
-Dramatic increase in number of clients I can meet with
-Availability of office equipment like a copier and fax
-Allows better use of presentation materials like powerpoint

The Steps I follow include:

1. A pre-appointment letter outlining their upcoming appointment and confirming what they will need to bring with them. For example a list of all of their prescription drugs.

2. A call is made to confirm their appointment.

3. When greeted by my assistant the client is presented with a clipboard that has a form for them to complete to update their basic data and collect information like their e-mail address etc. Also if needed forms like a scope of appointment will be attached.

4. Upon completion my assistant will bring the clipboard and the clients file to my office for the meeting.

5. During the appointment my clients are presented with a review of any Medicare changes and information regarding what is new with our agency. I usually will use a powerpoint presentation to do this.

6. A review of their current plans and any changes in these plans will be discussed. and completed. We then discuss any additional plans and complete the enrollment in those plans.

7. A meeting summary is then completed and referrals discussed.

8. A pending form is completed that is designed to track any new applications through the underwriting process. It is attached to the clipboard along with the applications.

9. I then walk my client to my assistants desk and give her the clipboard and client file. I ask her to schedule their next appointment and leave my client with her to complete the scheduling. She gives the client an appointment reminder form that has the date and time of the appointment. It also has a calendar with the appointment circled and well as bullet points about plans we offer.

10. My assistant then enters the appointment activities into our database, places the pending form into a ring binder to begin the application tracking and submits the applications.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome any comments you may have on any of our posts!